VIAGGI – FAMILY TRAVEL
Those visiting Ischia, a small island off the coast of Naples in Italy, for the first time will be blown away by the overwhelming beauty of the place. There are emerald waters, lush hillsides, pastel-colored homes dotting the landscape, and gorgeous Italians with their fashionable clothes, motor scooters, and warm hearts lining the streets. In fact, you’ll find there’s so much to take in that it will require all your senses. Here is a breakdown of the sensations you will likely experience:
- Ischia Makes Scents Discover the smells you will experience as you go for a stroll in one of the world’s most beautiful and somewhat unknown islands. From the sweet baking pastries to the cigarette smoke of the espresso drinkers on the sidewalk, the scents will draw you into the place.
- See Ischia in All Its Glory Your eyes won’t know where to look first on L’Isola Verde, the Green Island, with its beautiful plant life, extraordinary cobblestone, and fascinating people (native and tourist alike).
- A Taste of Ischia If you haven’t already fallen in love with Ischia, you will be enamored once you sample the island’s cuisine. Whether you feast at a native’s home or in a five-star restaurant, you will probably have the best meal of your life on the island.
- The Feel of Ischia Rocky terrain, sea urchins, soft moss, and bouncing waves are just some of the textures that will spark sentiment with every touch. Learn more about the feel, both the vibes and the tactile, of the island.
- The Sounds of Ischia in Summer While Neapolitan crooners provide a lovely soundtrack for your visit, the island itself makes its own music. Get my description of what you’ll likely hear at the height of tourism on this jewel of an island.